The Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is one of the most dynamic university campuses in Europe and ranks among the top 20 universities worldwide. The EPFL employs 6,000 people supporting the three main missions of the institutions: education, research and technology transfer. The EPFL campus offers an exceptional working environment at the heart of a community of 16,000 people, including over 10,000 students and 3,500 researchers from 120 different countries.
In order to develop the web interface for our educational analytics infrastructure, the Center for Digital Education (CEDE) is hiring a
Full Stack Developer
The Center for Digital Education (cede.epfl.ch)—located in the iconic Rolex Learning Center—is the European leader in MOOCs development and one of the main drivers of pedagogical innovation at EPFL. We are among the few universities in the world using Machine Learning and AI technology to support students and teachers in educational planning, as well as policy-making on a leadership level. We are looking for a versatile developer who will help us in our mission to turn EPFL into a leader in educational and institutional data science.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
Your responsibilities as a full-stack developer will be to design and develop the web interface on top of our data analytics infrastructure, including webapps, recommender systems, and interactive visualisation tools that will be used by hundreds of EPFL students, teachers, and administrators. You will integrate a small, but highly creative team of scientists and engineers, and take a central role in the strategic development of our center.
To excel at this job, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Solid experience in SQL, Python programming, and the Django framework
- Experience with deployment technologies (GIT)
- Experience with CSS 3.0 and a good sense of design
- Previous experience with data visualisation (D3, SigmaJS, ThreeJS, etc.) is a plus
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken, is required. French is a plus
- A permanent contract
- A relaxed work environment in a lively university campus
- Competitive conditions
- Participation in interdisciplinary research projects
Term of employment:
Contrat de Durée Indéterminée (CDI)
Place of work:
Please use our online application form here.